Simple Home Style Applesauce. There is nothing better than homemade applesauce with hand-picked apples, and it is so easy to make! The tartness of the lemon or vinegar serves to intensify the taste of the apples, and helps balance out the sweetness of the sauce. The result is a refreshing, utterly delicious applesauce.
You can do this with a food mill, in your food processor, or a potato masher will work if you use Seriously, just apples and water are all you need for this apple sauce recipe. It is as simple as it gets. You can always doctor it up after you make it by. You can cook Simple Home Style Applesauce using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Home Style Applesauce
- You need of Fresh.
- You need 5 lb of Apples.
- You need of Pantry.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar.
Frontier Applesauce: Applesauce is one of those foods people either like or hate, possibly on a textural basis. In this recipe, the cook gets to choose, at. Check out our easy homemade applesauce recipe. Whipping up a batch of homemade applesauce is the perfect way to get kids involved in the kitchen.
Simple Home Style Applesauce step by step
- Wash, cut and core (peel if desired) your apples. Small cubes or strips are best..
- Place apple chunks in large pot over medium heat with a lid. Add water to just cover the bottom. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Replace water as needed..
- Add cinnamon and sugar to taste depending on the apples you used..
- (Freeze) Store in freezer bags and remove remaining air. You can also freeze in a sterilized icecube tray for easy 1/2 to 1 oz portions for babies and toddlers. Can be stored in a deep freeze for up to six months. Thaw out overnight in the fridge. Or store in fridge after preparing without freezing in an old applesauce jar..
- *Health Hint* Substitute sugar with honey, stevia or your favorite sweetener or leave plain..
- +Taste Replace+ Instead of apples, try pears, peaches or plums. Skin, pit, core etc. Steam them the same until soft. Try mixing two or more together or add berries to sweeten..
Real Simple is part of the Meredith Home Group. As there are no preservatives in this delicious homemade apple sauce, it is going to vary greatly from home to home in a refrigerator. Make your own delicious unsweetened applesauce with just apples, water & cinnamon. We love to eat applesauce with oatmeal. The best applesauce comes from a mixture of multiple types of apples, rather than just relying on one kind of apple.