Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew. Great recipe for Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew. Dealing with a pretty brutal cold, so I just wanted some comfort food. Of course I didn't invent this recipe, but this is my take on it.
Add the stock mixture, peanut butter, Scotch bonnet, bay leaf, coriander, cumin, and cinnamon; stir until smooth. Add the chicken, collard greens, and sweet potatoes. Great recipe for Brad's lamb chops w/ vodka, tomato, basil, cream sauce. You can have Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew
- It's 2 lbs of boneless chicken thighs, cubed.
- It's 1 cup of seasoned flour.
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock or reduced-fat low-sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- It's of Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- You need 2 of yellow chile peppers, minced.
- It's 2 of carrots, diced.
- You need 1 of sweet onion, chopped.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It's 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lightly salted roasted peanuts.
- Prepare 4 cups of loosely packed chopped collard greens.
- Prepare 2 of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
I actually used my farm raised goat chops for this. But lamb chops will work just as well. Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew. See great recipes for Brads oyster po boy wrap too!.
Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew instructions
- Cube chicken. Place seasoned flour into a lg ziplock bag. Add chicken and shake well to coat. Heat a lg frying pan on medium heat. Add canola oil and fry chicken in batches until it browns. Drain on paper towels and set aside. When all chicken is done, deglaze pan with white wine. Simmer until all alcohol is cooked off. And all the good bits are unstuck from the pan. Set aside..
- At the same time, in a large stock pot, heat another tsp oil on medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and both kinds of peppers. Saute until onions have sweated off, but do not brown. Add garlic and ginger. Saute one more minute..
- To the stock pot, add the broth and tomato paste. Bring to a simmer and make sure it is combined well..
- Add rest of ingredients to the stock pot. Add the chicken and the wine slurry from deglazing the pan. Mix well and bring to a simmer..
- Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Just until the sweet potatoes become tender. But not until they dissolve. Remove the bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Check seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, enjoy..
Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew.. Of course I didn't invent this recipe, but this is my take on it. I used roasted nuts instead of peanut butter. And where I live I can't get my hands on scotch bonnets. Peanuts are the star of this hearty plant-based stew that's inspired by the cuisine of West Africa.