Chicken and sausage gumbo. All Reviews for Cajun Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. Smoky sausage, okra, tender chicken and vegetables makes this a delicious dish. Get a taste of New Orleans cuisine at home with this savory and delicious chicken andouille sausage gumbo!
Chef Isaac Toups, of Toups Meatery, teaches us how to make a New Orleans style chicken and sausage gumbo. Isaac lets us in on the importance of taking it. This iconic dish represents everything we love about Louisiana cooking. You can have Chicken and sausage gumbo using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and sausage gumbo
- It's 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken thighs trimmed.
- Prepare 1 link of Cajun sausage sliced.
- It's 1/2 cup of fine chopped onion.
- It's 1/2 cup of fine chopped green bell.
- Prepare 4 of fresh red chiles fine chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of celery fine chopped.
- You need 3 of large garlic minced.
- You need leaves of Bay.
- Prepare 32 oz of bold chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 of + 1bsp oil (canola).
- It's 1/2 of + 1 tbsp flour.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning (I use Webber).
With ordinary ingredients, the right seasonings, and patience, the results are extraordinary. The secrets to a good gumbo aren't anything fancy either, but if you take the time to do them right. A symbol of Creole cooking, gumbo is ubiquitous in homes and restaurants across Louisiana. Season the chicken with the rub and add to the pot.
Chicken and sausage gumbo instructions
- Add oil to a cast iron enamel pot and sprinkle in flour and make a dark chocolate roux and put into a separate glass container.
- No need to wipe the pot so just add your sliced sausage to the pot and sear and remove.
- Now add the chicken thighs and sear both sides and remove.
- Add in all the veggies, sweat down until really soft.
- Add in the chicken, sausage, tbsp Cajun seasoning, chicken stock, 1 cup water, bay leaves and cover until the chicken is ready to be pulled, about 30 to 40 minutes (I remove them and pull them so I can get rid of any leftover fatty pieces) add the pulled chicken back to the pot.
- Whisk in your roux and simmer on low until it starts to thicken and taste for seasonings (if you need to add a little water to thin you can) add hot sauce to taste.
Skim off any fat that rises to the surface. Put the sausage, the rest of the creole seasoning,and the. This Chicken and Sausage Gumbo is vibrant, spicy and simmered to perfection! This Easy Chicken Gumbo recipe is like a party for your mouth! Vibrant, spicy flavor simmered to perfection, this combination of chicken, sausage, okra, and veggies is cooked in a creamy creole spiced broth that is.