Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon. Breakfast Egg Casserole With Tater Tots Recipes. Cheeseburger Tater Tot CasseroleBaking Beauty. cheese, sweet onion, milk, butter, flour, bacon. Seriously Bacon, cheese and potatoes mixed together and FRIED!
Place fries on a broiler-proof dish or platter. Sprinkle with cheese, onions, and bacon. My Bacon and Eggs Tater Tot Casserole is cheesy, crispy, bacony perfection! You can have Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon
- You need of large whole potatoes - if russets, peel. If a thin-skinned potato, your call.
- It's of kosher salt.
- Prepare of thick-cut bacon - diced.
- You need of shallot or small onion - quartered and sliced thin.
- You need of OPTIONAL: ~1 scant cup other veggies if you like (I don’t do this but it’s your dinner - BE A BOSS!!).
- It's of Salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- You need of shredded cheese (I like to mix medium cheddar and Monterey Jack - and I like to use more cheese ???).
- It's of ~1-2 or more Tbsps butter (your call if you use salted or unsalted butter - just NO margarine).
- It's of Beverage of your choice.
It starts and ends with Kiolbassa Smoked Meats' delicious Dry Cured Hickory Add to it layers of crispy tater tots, scrambled eggs, cheese, and green onions and you've got a complete breakfast! I absolutely love to top this. This killer tater tot grilled cheese sandwiches cheese, bacon and jalapeño between two tater tot MORE: Bacon Mac and Cheese Jalapeño Poppers. He is credited with introducing classic foods like French fries and ice cream to the fledgling nation upon his.
Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon instructions
- Par-cook your taters. I like to put mine in a saucepan, cover with cold water and add the 2 Tbsps kosher salt. Bring to a boil and cook for ~10 mins. Remove taters, set aside to cool completely (at least 3 hours - can be done a few days in advance and chilled). Then cut in half lengthwise and slice into 1/2 inch “half moons”. Set aside..
- Pour yourself a drink - you deserve it. You’re making dinner!!.
- In a large fry pan, cook diced bacon low and slow (well, actually medium low heat) to render out the fat (you’ll need ~ 3 Tbsps fat). Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and add to a plate lined with paper towels..
- Add to the bacon fat your sliced shallots or onion (and veggies if you so choose). Sauté on medium heat until tender. Remove to a bowl and set aside..
- Take sip - I’m thirsty! ??.
- Add 1 Tbsps butter to the fry pan and add your first layer of cooled tater-half-moons. Do NOT crowd the pan. Season lightly with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Brown to your liking on one side, then flip and and brown lightly. Remove to a separate plate. Repeat with following layers, add more butter if needed. Keep going until the last layer of potatoes are in the fry pan and flipped..
- Add all the fried taters and veggies back to the pan and cover with cheese. Turn heat down to low or medium-low (you know your stove) and cover with a lid for ~3-5 mins until cheese is melted. Or if you prefer brown and bubbly, put your OVEN-SAFE pan under the broiler uncovered for a few minutes (DO NOT LEAVE UNSUPERVISED - or have really good home/renters insurance).
- Phew!!!! That was stressful! I need a drink..
- Top your amazing taters and cheese with the cooked bacon. By this time you need a refill ?. Then plate and enjoy!.
This recipe for Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots is the ultimate comfort food treat for your party. Or try replacing the cheddar cheese with cream cheese and a piece of peperoncini. Make ahead tip: Assemble these a few hours ahead, place them on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and bake. Fried potato skins topped with cheese and bacon make a flavorful snack - ready in just an hour. Turn potato skins over and fill with cheese and bacon.