Candied bacon crackers. This Candied Bacon Cracker Appetizer could hardly be simpler. It's just Ritz crackers, topped with smallish pieces of bacon, sprinkled with brown sugar, and baked. As they cook, the bacon gets crisp.
They're basically crackers with candied bacon on top, plus a little pepper to make sure you really get hooked. Some recipes for bacon crackers have you wrap the whole cracker in bacon. If you've never tried this you're missing out! You can cook Candied bacon crackers using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Candied bacon crackers
- It's 6 slices of bacon.
- You need 24 of saltine crackers.
- It's 12 Tablespoons of butter.
- It's 1/2 cup of plus 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar.
- It's 1/2 Teaspoon of coarse sea salt.
Butter crackers are baked with bacon and brown sugar to make a delicious snack. A little time is all it takes to make these impressive appetizers, featuring easy "crackers" made from Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust and topped with cheese, apple and candied bacon. Candied Bacon Crackers - The Midnight Baker. Super Bowl snacking at it's best.
Candied bacon crackers instructions
- Chop the bacon and cook in skillet until crispy. Drain well and set aside..
- Line rimmed cookie sheet with foil and lightly spray with non-stick spray. Lay one solid layer of crackers on the cookie sheet..
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add light brown sugar and boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Pour evenly over the layer of crackers and bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes..
- Remove crackers from oven and sprinkle with bacon and coarse sea salt..
- Allow crackers sheet to cool for 1 hour and break into individual crackers..
Can you say candied bacon on a cracker? America's Favorite Food: Bacon I know-you stopped at "bacon." Bacon Wrapped Crackers are a simple idea that can't be beat. Any bacon wrapped appetizers will be a hit on game day or holidays, so these are a true winner. How to Make Nutty Candied Bacon & Honey Q Snacker Crackers. Spread the crackers and walnuts evenly on a large sheet pan.