Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon. Creamy Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Mozzarella are so irresistible. Bacon and Brussels Sprouts are such a classic ingredient combination! This recipe for baked Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is dedicated to anyone out there who is convinced that they don't like Brussel sprouts!
This one skillet Brussel Sprouts dish might be for you. I've made these Cheesy Creamy Brussel Sprouts With Bacon many times and it is time to finally share the recipe with you. It involves minimal ingredients and prep work. You can cook Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- You need 10 oz of bacon cut into strips.
- It's 2 Tbls of butter.
- It's 2 lb of brussel sprouts trimed. (wash, cut off bottoms and quarter.
- It's to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of grarted mozzarella.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parmesan.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch (optional to thicken sauce).
You still think you don't like Brussels sprouts? We're continuing on with the fall/winter comfort food I love so much! Gently simmer Brussels sprouts in a pot of lightly salted water until tender (you can insert a knife with no resistance). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon instructions
- Works best on a cast iron skillet or pan that can go from stovetop to oven.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook bacon, remove from pan. Drain most of the bacon grease except 1 or 2 Tbls..
- Add butter to pan and melt.
- Add brussel sprouts, salt and pepper. Stir together for about 6 minutes..
- Add garlic. Stir together for about a minute.
- Reduce heat and pour in cream. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- If the cream is too thin, use corn starn to make a slurry and add to the pan.
- Add bacon and stir together.
- Add mozzarella and parmesan.
- Remove from the stovetop and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- To brown the top, switch to broil for 2 minutes.
- You can garnish with additional parmesan or parsley or thyme or rosemary..
Brussel sprouts have always been my go-to side dish when eating out. These brussels sprouts will quickly become a go-to side dish in your rotation! Crispy Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Bacon. These cheesy caramelized sprouts are the perfect side dish any time of year, but are especially welcome as we enter the early days of fall — they're delicious paired with roast chicken, mashed potatoes, and other sweater-weather favorites. Brussels sprouts and bacon in a creamy parmesan sauce.